Monday, 30 December 2013

Gold and Gems

This year for Christmas Henry and I gave his mum a clock becasue she needed a new one. We thought she would like a bit of an opulant clock so we searched on ebay and found a good rococo gold one.  When it arrived I re painted it a nice gold as I thought the original gold colour wasn't that nice. Also it had spots all over it to make it look vintage or whatever. But I didn't think the spots looked very good. Why would you put spots all over a lovely gold clock?! 

So yes it got a new coat of gold paint. Then Henry varnished it and then I decorated it with gems! We were both very pleased with it. it is very sparkly. I think it is beautiful and I want one for my own future house now!

Theses photos don't really do it justice. It was a bit of a hard thing to photograph. 

Celestine was extremely jealous of the clock. It is exactly the sort of clock she would like for herself in miniature.  To appease her I made her a gold dress with gems on it.

Here's what the clock looked like before:

and after...

 I much prefer it after- I wish you could just see how sparkly it is in real life!


Celestine was very sad to see it go. But she'll at least get to see it again next time we visit Henry's mum!


5 comments:

Eliana said...

The watch is amazing! Great job!
I believe in 2014, Celestine will have a clock in miniature with all gold and glitter! ;)

Eliana said...

The watch is amazing! Great job!
I believe in 2014, Celestine will have a clock in miniature with all gold and glitter! ;)

Polly said...

That is so beautiful! I love all the colours! I would like to have a clock like this in my house too, no wonder Celestine was jealous. x

Miranda Ixie said...

Oh. Wow. That is INCREDIBLE! Celestine has good taste, because that clock would be AMAZING in miniature. Nice work, and what a beautiful present!!!

Plushpussycat said...

Beautiful work, you two! xo Jennifer