Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013!

2013 has been a year of 'getting ready.' I knew it was going to be a year of getting ready and preparing when I went into it and it has been just that! 2014 is the big one you see- it's the year I get married, buy a house (hopefully!) and it's the year my first picture book comes out.  So a lot of this year has been spent working towards these things.  It's been a good one though. And here are the highlights:

I'll start with my castle as that was one of my new years resolutions. I really made good progress on it this year!  I didn't finish it as I hoped I would but I am still pleased with how far it has come along. At the beginning of the year it was still just a bare empty shell.



My other resolution for this year was 'career.'  I think I did alright on that one too.  I was a LOT busier the second half of the year than the first but I knew that was going to happen.  Overall this year I have completed two picture books and various other spreads/sets/covers too.

I spent an intense six weeks during the summer creating the sequel to Witch's Cat.


I also did a lot of work for the Glitterbelle (princess) books this year. Overall I really enjoyed working on these books even if at times it got a little stressful! I'm really proud of what I managed to create for these books. I learned a lot doing it too!

A big highlight of this year was going on holiday to Cornwall with friends. It was just such a wonderful holiday and I just adore the place we went to so much.  

Henry and I went on some nice walks this year... and so did Celestine.


We went to a ball in London with my whole family. I wore a black starry dress which I designed and my mum made for me. Also tried out black hair for the occasion (not such a good idea dying it the morning of the ball but never mind...) Henry had a matching starry bow tie.


I ran two different craft clubs in two different schools this year which was great experience even though the children in one of the clubs were very very naughty.


It was a really sunny summer. I did loads of cycling and we did loads of swimming. Celestine did lots of boating.


I discovered some new books (Catharine Susan) and rediscovered my love for some old ones (Tottie, Mrs Pepperpot) 

I made quite a few little animals out of fimo this year which I was pleased with. They are addictive to make!


Celestine had a birthday and had a little teaparty with her mouse friend Matilda.


I was very pleased with my Tinkerbell pumpkin for Halloween this year.


Henry and I bought a car!


I discovered this ring on ebay and didn't win it but then got it for Christmas! It got me thinking about being a jewellery designer for a while.



I tried to draw one picture of Celestine per week but um didn't manage it! I was pleased with some of the ones I did draw though.

I went to Kensington Dollshouse fair in London with my friend Sian and also up to Miniatura in Birmingham.  And to a couple of other local ones where I found the most amazing miniature books.


We went to Bruges this year and we also went skiing in France with my family.


We went sledging. And so did Celestine.


Also this year: I finally got to ride on my beloved carousel this winter! And we had a really nice Christmas- the first Christmas Henry and I have spent together. I made Henry a crazy massive birthday cake which took all day. We went on a lovely trip to Bekonscot model village with friends which was fun. We did some wedding planning and bought the wedding dress. New characters emerged for a book idea I have in my head- just a personal one for my own fun. I bought an underwater camera. I did a LOT of gemming up of things and collected a lot of swarovski stars and crystals. I discovered Celestines feet fit into playmobil sandals which pleased me. I went down to Bath to help direct the photography for the Glitterbelle picture book. We took a trip to St Albans in the rain. Ate quite a few pasties. Discovered a new way of making the most amazing chocolate icing ever. Decided on and booked our honeymoon. Celestine had a birthday. We visited Bakewell. I discovered Tulsi chai tea and sparkly hair extensions. Want some!

aaaaand that's all I can think of and I think that's enough!

My new years resolution for this year is to READ MORE. I have been awful at reading lately and I don't want to be. I want to read more books! 

I hope you have had a great 2013 and I wish you all the best for 2014!

X

4 comments:

Miranda Ixie said...

What a magnificent 2013 you've had. I really enjoy looking at your pictures, and the little glimpse you share of your world. Thank you so much. My 2013 was better for having your blog in it. :) All the best in 2014!!!

Stephanie said...

You had a great and fabulous year. May you have a splendid 2014! Thank you for sharing a small part of your world, your creations and Celestine.

Plushpussycat said...

Great photos! What an amazing year! Here's to even more fun in 2014! xo Jennifer

Jane Chérie said...

Your photos of Celestine are always so cheerful and fun to look at! I wish you the very best for 2014 and I hope you'll have great success with your projects!