Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Fairies and Goblins

I wrote a while back about how I was going to make lots of fairies and goblins for decorations at my wedding this year. Well, I finally got around to making them all. It was actually a couple of months ago that I made them all but only just got around to photographing them. I think I made around twenty something in the end- my original plan was to make hundreds but yeah...that was never going to happen haha.

I don't think these fairies will be a big feature or anything at the wedding- there's not enough of them and they're not big enough but I hope they will be a nice little detail that people will notice. 

Now I just want to put a disclaimer here as well: a couple of the poses the fairies are in are blatantly copied/heavily inspired from other poses/fairies I've seen by artists on the internet. But it's not like I'm selling these or anything, I just made them for my own personal use for the wedding so I figured that was ok.


Those were some of my favourite ones that I made.

Here they are all together:


And some more details:


It was a good excercise in trying out some different ways of drawing eyes actually.

Let's hope they all stay in their box and don't fly away before the wedding on midsummers day!

7 comments:

Chloe said...

These are great :D Do you make them from thin card, or something more sturdy, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Victoria Stitch said...

just card! thank you! :)

Rachel Gallagher said...

Totally, utterly gorgeous and amazing. :-)

Plushpussycat said...

Wow, they're gorgeous and very festive, Harriet! Beautiful work! xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

They are all enchanting. Great work!

Jane Chérie said...

They are fun and so pretty! Great job! It would be seriously a lot of work to make 100! I am sure your guests will notice the ones you have created :)

Tammie Lee said...

I feel as though i have missed so much on your blog, i don't know how that happened. all your art is so amazingly charming and a delight to see! And photos of flowers and outings are gorgeous. I looks like you have been enjoying spring!