Thursday 19 June 2014

Hello from Celestine


Hi everyone. It's Celestine here! Harriet's a little too busy to blog right now as it's the wedding eve eve and she has been busy setting everything up. I said 'Don't panic,' in my most calming of voices. I said 'I will take it upon myself to write a blog post. I know it's a great faff for me what with the keyboard being so big and everything (do you know how much longer it takes to type when you are only 4 inches tall!?) but I will do it for you out of the kindness of my heart. Harriet said 'Celestine writing a blog post is not really top of the to do list right now, don't worry about it' but I insisted. I absolutely insisted.

So yes, whilst everyone has been very busy today setting up the marquee and putting decorations up and finding boxes of fairies and driving here there and everywhere, I have been practicing being a bridesmaid. You can see how well I've been practicing by these photos. Do you like my necklace? I made it especially for the wedding. It's swarovski crystal. It's extremely sparkly.



Though actually... I won't really be a real real bridesmaid at the wedding sniff sniff...

I was very upset to hear this at first. I sobbed for absolutely days. But slowly I came round to understanding the reasons why:

One is that being so much smaller than the other bridesmaids I will not be able to keep up with them as they walk down the aisle. Even if I sprint at my fastest run. (And sprinting would just look silly anyway)

Two is that there would be a high risk of me being stepped on. And that would be even worse than looking silly sprinting down the aisle. A squashed Celestine would not be a nice wedding present for Harriet.

So then I suggested that I could be on top of the wedding cake instead of being a bridesmaid. But then I realised what a boring job that would be and I decided that it would just be better for me to watch the wedding from a nice safe place. So that is what I am going to do.

Harriet says it's ok because I am still a bridesmaid in spirit and I can still have a nice bridesmaids dress to wear in the colour of my choice. I chose pink becasue it suited me best. And then today I wore my bridesmaid dress and picked some flowers from the garden and had some photos taken. It's not as good as being a real bridesmaid but it will have to do.

It's actually quite a tragic story now I think about it all. 

Ah well...

I'm getting a bit tired from all this jumping around the keyboard now so I think I will wrap this up soon.

I might write another blog post sometime though. I've quite enjoyed it. It's been cathartic to talk about my experience of not being a bridesmaid.

I'll leave you with a photo of my lovely dressing table in my (unfinished) castle. You can see my sparkly swarovski wedding necklace sitting in my jewellery box (just before I put it on today). Also, on the left, my gold cornish pisky ornament I got when we went to Cornwall last year.


Bye for now!

Love Celestine 

X

8 comments:

Jess said...

Magical post, gorgeous photos and I loVe the dressing table!
Happy Weddings!
Jess xx

Stephanie said...

Adorable post!

Plushpussycat said...

Wonderful post! Great to hear from you, Celestine. I'm sure you could tell us lots of secrets. ;-) xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

wishing you a lovely wedding
full of fairy magic
love, fun, beauty and dreams come true!

thank you Celestine for sharing with us!

manomij said...

Please wish Harriet and Henry a wonderful day from me Celestine!!! I hope we get to see some photos of the wedding. Manonxxx

Jane Chérie said...

Celestine is a beautiful bridesmaid. Happy wedding!

Anonymous said...

I loved your post Celestine, very good luck with the wedding Harriet xxxx

Erin K said...

Such a cute post! I wish you all the wedding bliss and joys possible. <3 Celestine, you look lovely in your dress, and thank you for your wonderful post. ^_^