Saturday, 14 June 2014

Lately


One week to go until wedding!!! This time next week I will be getting ready to go to the church ahhh!  Lately I have been glittering stars and sticking them on napkins, making tartan clothes for Celestine's trip to Scotland, making hairclips for me and the bridesmaids, making fathers day cards and tiny fimo animals with the kids in my craft club, doing my tax return (how exciting!! ...But actually it is quite exciting becasue I need it done so Henry and I can start looking for a house... finally!) dummy booking for a new book I am working on which is what the character sketches above are for- they need a lot of changes though, swimming at my grandparents pool because it's been nice and sunny lately, driving to London for a housewarming party and accidentally taking the ferry across the Thames in our car becasue we got into the wrong lane- oops! Talking about cars, this week we parked our car at the supermarket, came out and the car next to ours was on fire! So now our car has to be fixed because it got all melted on one side. That wasn't such a highlight of the week... but never mind. Oh also my parents moved home the other night after five years of living in Dubai. We did a welcome home cake with silver balls on it to spell out 'welcome home.' 

It's all change around here that's for sure!

Celestine has been swimming in the pool too. She can manage about one width. Sometimes two if she's feeling particularly energetic! For such a tiny person it must seem very very deep. I think she's very brave to swim in there.

9 comments:

Polly said...

It sounds like an exciting time! I hope your wedding goes really well and isn't stressful, I hope it is wonderful and happy and magical and sparkly!

Plushpussycat said...

Wow! Lots of excitement recently! And Celestine looks cool as a cucumber in her modest swimming dress--adorable! Have fun at the wedding--we want to hear all about it (and see lots of photos!)! xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

your life is full of all sorts of excitement!
such adorable sketches.

wishing you a dream come true wedding and life together!

dawn said...

Have a wonderful wedding day, getting ready in the morning for me was very calm (and I'm usually rather chaotic) and felt magical, I hope it feels the sane for you too, as it was such a lovely feeling. The day is filled with so much love and joy all for the two of you, it is so hard to describe but you are going to find it amazing :) weird about the car, that happened in a supermarket carpark near me a couple of weeks ago! Wishing you lots of happiness and love for your special day. :)

Stephanie said...

You must be so excited with your wedding day fast approaching. Have a great wedding day and honeymoon with Celestine along with you both.

Eliana said...

Good luck with all the preparations for the big event!
Celestine is gorgeous in her swimwear. ;)

Jess said...

That is a VERY busy time you're having! I wish you an amazing wedding day and a restful time afterwards. Love the sketches and the pics by the pool!:)
Jess xx

Rachel Gallagher said...

Best of luck for your Wedding. Remember to take a minute to stop and soak it all in, it goes so quickly.

a tale from toadstoolhouse said...

Aww love Celestines pool side outfit,especially those flip flops. Sorry to hear about the car. I cant wait to see some wedding snaps :) so exciting and house hunting soon too. Xxx